Iran Body Count

This space has been created to show the violence and deliberate killing of people in Iran after the presidential elections on the 12th of June 2009. Principally it is dedicated to the victims of shootings and people tortured to death in detention centres. If you have any information on these cases, please send them to If you do not wish, we will not publish names and sensitive details.

این وبلاگ به منظور نشان دادن گوشه ای از خشونت و کشتار حکومت غاصب جمهوری اسلامی در دوره انتخابات است ۲۲ ذخرداد مخصوصا برای قربانیان بعد انتخابات و کسانی که در تیر اندازی ها به صورت رحشیانه ای از دست رفتند نظرات خود را می توانید به این آدرس ارسال کنید و کسنی که مایل به چاپ مشغخصات خود هستند بی نام و نشان چاپ می شوند از حضور گرم شما سپاسگزاریم


Mahmoud Raisi Najafi

The name of a next victim of the post-election riots has been revealed.

Mahmoud Raisi Najafi, another citizen who was beaten down at Azadi Sqr after post election incidents lost his life. It is vital to know that his name has not been announced amongst the dead people.

According to Saham News, widow of Najafi talked about how she lost her husband:” He was a laborer (allegedly cabinet installer or carpenter). He would leave the house everyday at 6am and would return home early evening. On Khordad 25th (June 15th) he did not return home until 10:30, we were all concerned about him. Around 10:30 someone rang the door bell. Since my husband had a key, I though a stranger is at the door. I asked who is it, and I heard my husband’s voice. He stated because of some problems happened to him, he is not able to open the door.

I went downstairs and opened the door. He was not in a good situation, he was injured and bleeding. I helped him to get in the house. He told me: after work today, I was coming back home from Azadi when I saw people running and some were being chased down. I saw armed forces with batons chasing and beating people. I was going my way when they start beating me down with baton. I told them many times, I’m just returning back from work, I have no idea what’s going on, but they did not listen to me. I went unconscious and when I opened my eyes next time, I found my self in a car.

I tried to find out about my situation when I noticed there are other people with my situation around me which I think they were all dead or were unconscious and I was thrown over their bodies. I start hitting the doors and made some noise when they noticed I was a live. They stopped the car and opened the door. I begged them and told them I have a family and I was returning back from work and I don’t know what has happened to me. It seemed like one of them felt bad and pulled me out of the car and they left. I wasn’t able to stand on my own feet. By making noise and moving my hands I got the attention of some people and asked for help. After a while few people came to me and I asked them where I was. I was told, this place is Hakimie. I told them about my situation and asked for their help to get me a car and take me to my house.

Khadije Haidari added: Mr. Najafi was alive for another 13 days. His body was severely injured, his feet were swollen, and his hands were paralyzed. His stomach was also swollen. We were scared to take him to the hospital; we did not want to get in trouble. During this time, his situation worsened by day. On Tir 6th (June 27th) my father in-law came and we decided to take him to the hospital of Tarafe. We were told sicne they are extremely busy and don’t have any bed available, take him home and bring him back tomorrow. He slept that night, but did not wake up the next morning when we wanted to take him back to the hospital”. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment